Ramakrishna Mission Viveknagar Centre
The Ramakrishna Math & Ramakrishna Mission Complex at Viveknagar comprises
(1) Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya: A Boys’ Higher Secondary School with classes from III to XII affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi: Boys’ School started on 11 September 1990 and affiliated to CBSE up to Higher Secondary level, had 847 students on the roll during the year (S.T.- 249, S.C.- 134 and O.B.C.- 109, respectively and the remaining 355 from General category)
(2) An Industrial Training Institute with three trades , namely Electrification, Plumber and Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning,
(3) Boys’ Hostel attached to High and Higher Secondary School: The Hostel attached to the Vidyalaya has 3 sections (Premananda Dham, Brahmananda
Dham and Akhandananda Dham), functioning since on 26 May 1996, had 122 (S.C.- 01, S.T.- 110 and Gen – 11) students during the year under review.
(4) A Charitable Dispensary (Niramaya): ‘Niramay’, the Charitable Dispensary at Viveknagar (started on 27 May 1996), served
independently and also in collaboration with the Govt. Unit with having Homeopathic, Ayurvedic & Allopathic wings served 6028 patients with free treatment and free medicines.
Of this total number of beneficiaries, the Mission Unit served through its Allopathic wing
3,415 patients with free treatment and free medicines (S.T.511, S.C. 856, O.B.C.548 and General 1500). The Govt. unit which started operating from 27 May 1996 with Homeopathic, Ayurvedic, and Allopathic sections served 2,613 (S.T. 172, S.C. 454, OBC 414, Genl 1573) patients with free treatment and free medicines.
(5) One Mobile Medical unit (Allopathic),
(6) A large Staff Quarters wing (86 quarters),
(7) A Rubber Plantation Unit for training in Rubber Tapping Training School under Rubber Board, Govt. of India.
Annual Blood Donation Camp: Like previous years Viveknagar Centre organized its
Annual Blood Donation-cum-Awareness Camp on 03-07-2016 (Sunday), the Ratha Yatra Day, in its Vivekananda Sabhagriha. Sri Manik Sarkar, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tripura, inaugurated the Camp and addressed the assembly of monks, members of the staff, students and trainees. Sri Balaram Sil, DIG, C.R.P.F, Tripura Range also addressed the audience as Guest of Honour. 37 donors comprising Monks, Students, Ex-Students, Teaching & Non-teaching Staff, inmates of Staff Quarters and Guardians donated blood in this camp
Saraswati Puja and Annual Exhibition:
Devi Saraswati was duly invoked at ‘Vivekananda Sabhagriha’ on 1stFebruary, 2017 with all devotion. On this occasion Revered Secretary Maharaj unveiled Annual Number of ‘Uttisthata’, the school wallmagazine, an Art Exhibition ‘The Radiant Timeline’ at ‘SriSarada Devi Chitrashala’ and seven other exhibitions on different topics of interest, hailed by the young enthusiasts. About 2779 guardians, guests, devotees and local people partook prasads in the school premises. Great interest among Sports Annual Sports Meet for the Academic Session of 2016-17 was organized with usual spirit of sportsmanship and solemnity on 10th January, 2017. Sri Rajib Debbarma, Ex Ranji Captain of the State, National Selector (Junior National Team), Deputy Director of Dept. of Agriculture, Govt. of Tripura was the Chief Guest andDr. Dipankar Majumder, Physical Instructor, Dept. of Physical Education, Ram Thakur College, Badherghat was the Special Guest. President of the occasion was our Revered Secretary Maharaj Swami Hitakamanandaji.
115 hostellers of Vidyalaya with 6 monastic members, 47 teaching and non-teaching staff of
Vidyalaya and Vidyalaya hostel went for Excursion-cum-Educational Tour to Baromura Eco Park, on 22 January 2017 about 30 k.m. away from Viveknagar.
Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa (GAP)
Short Report Page 30 Integrated Children’s Welfare program which started during 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda is now being run CSR fund from National Insurance Corporation Limited received through Headquarters. 55 needy and poor children in the age group of 4 to 12 of Viveknagar are given 250 ml of Milk, Bourne Vita and biscuits every day in addition to Fruits and Eggs two days in a week. Bathing soap, washing soap, hair oil, tooth paste and study materials are given every month since August 2015. They were also given footwear and uniforms annually. For some practical inconvenience in the compliance of HQ guidelines we have requested Headquarters to exclude us from the project from August 2016 so that we can move in our own pace and customize the project to meet specific needs of this locality depending on available resources.