Ramakrishna Mission Gangail Road City Centre
Ramakrishna Mission Gangail Road
On 25 March 1985 the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, West Bengal, took over the management of Sri Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Gangail Road, Agartala, a privately-run Ashrama established on 29 May 1950, at the request of the latter though the first service activity of the Mission in Tripura dates back to 1949 when the Mission conducted a major relief work at Anandanagar, near Agartala. The said Ashrama renamed as ‘Ramakrishna Mission, Gangail Road,’ started functioning since then as a branch centre of the Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, West Bengal. Till 28 May 1989 this centre was the hub of Ramakrishna Mission’s activities in Tripura with its following activities:
1) Conducting regular spiritual and value-based public discourses at its existing Lecture
Hall attached to the Prayer Room,
2) Show Room of Ramakrishna – Vivekananda and Vedanta literature,
3) A small Library,
4) A free Students’ Home,
5) Free medical clinics, etc..
After the establishment of Ramakrishna Mission Educational Complex at Viveknagar on 29 May 1989, which became the hub of Mission’s activities, this centre started functioning as the subcentre of Viveknagar centre.
The registered Homeopath of our Niramoy dispensary conducts free homeopathic clinic at this centre every Sunday for three hours. Local needy people avail free treatment with medicine from here.
Doctor Ashok Kumar Pradhan, a Homeopath of international repute conducts free clinic at this sub-centre once in two months. He has been rendering this service for last 7 years.